- Console: Tentatively Nintendo Switch's successor's successor's successor. As Switch's fate as a handheld remains dubious, I am going to put this as tentative.
- Year: 2040-2041. 2040 is if Switch is released in 2017. 2041 is if Nintendo has a real successor to 3DS in 2018.
- Location basis: From most likely to least likely:
- New Zealand: Well, it is the only other Anglophone country we haven't talked about yet.
- Bangladesh: All three would be a good continuation of the Asian pivot, with Bangladesh being one of the regions GO is available, and others being the countries with some form of Pokémon presence. Singapore might be a better alternative though.
- Dex structure. Either around 80 Pokémon and 20 new forms, or a 90-100 new species. There will almost certainly going to be new means of providing de-facto counterparts to Gen I Pokémon, whether they are new species that are successors to existing ones, or a new idea spun off regional variants.
- New field move: Last major elemental field moves should be introduced here. After this, we will see the whole "Pokémon is a glorified Rock-Paper-Scissors" meme less.
- More overworld encounters: At this point, the franchise should start becoming more of an open sandbox, similar to Breath of the Wild. Actual battles will retain their turn based feature, obviously.
- Less forms, more variants: At this point, forms should cease to exist, paving way to variants of existing Pokémon. New forms, if they exist, should be more equivalent to evolutions than mode changes.
- Anything else?: Reorganization of evolution mechanics, probably. We can see an abolishment of evolution items and trade shenanigans.
Primary dex speculation:
- Flying/Ground:Generic Flying
- Normal/Ghost: Generic rodent
- Bug/Ice: Generic Bug
- Rock/Poison: Generic Rock
- Fighting/Ghost: Generic Fighting
- Water/Dark: Generic Water
- Psychic/Electric: Generic Psychic
- Flying/Dark: Generic Dark
- Fire/Steel: Generic Steel
- Fairy/Grass: Generic Fairy
- Electric/Rock: Generic Electric
- Dragon/Ground: Generic Dragon
- Flying/Grass: Generic Flying
- Poison/Water:Generic Poison
- Ground/Fire: Generic Ground
- Steel/Dark: Generic Steel
- Flying/Ice: Generic Ice
Alternate dex speculation:
- Flying/Rock: Generic Bird
- Normal/Water: Generic rodent
- Flying/Bug: Generic Bug
- Rock/Psychic: Generic Rock
- Fighting/Psychic: Generic Fighting
- Water/Ice: Generic Water
- Psychic/Steel: Generic Psychic
- Dark/Ground: Generic Dark
- Flying/Fire: Generic Fire
- Fairy/Electric: Generic Fairy
- Electric: Generic Electric
- Dragon/Fighting: Generic Dragon
- Flying/Grass: Generic Grass
- Poison/Dark: Generic Poison
- Ground/Fighting: Generic Ground
- Steel/Dragon: Generic Steel
- Ice/Fire: Generic Ice
Champion: Varied, or Rock
Regional dex speculation:
BST Update Speculation:
- Drapion: +20
- Exeggutor: +20
- Slowbro: +20
- Slowking: +20
- Zebstrika: +20
- Heliolisk: +20
- Kricketune: +45
- Palpitoad: +20
Notes on type speculation:
- There probably won't be huge changes here, but Ghost and Ice should become their own thing by this period.
Possible additional cross-generational forms:
Secondary Ability additions:
Move update wishlist: