- Console: Tentatively Nintendo Switch's eighth successor. As Switch's fate as a handheld remains dubious, I am going to put this as tentative.
- Year: 2088-2089. 2088 is if Switch is released in 2017. 2089 is if Nintendo has a real successor to 3DS in 2018.
- Location basis: From most likely to least likely:
- Remaining American states from previous groups.
- Dex structure. Either around 80 Pokémon and 20 new forms, or a 90-100 new species. There will almost certainly going to be new means of providing de-facto counterparts to Gen I Pokémon, whether they are new species that are successors to existing ones, or a new idea spun off regional variants.
- New field move: Another thematic field move, something that revolves around move categories maybe.
- Less recolors, more size shifts: At this point, major changes between forms should be sizes and associated stats like defenses, Attack etc. Similar to Pumpkaboo-Gourgeist sizes.
- Anything else?: Something like pre-set terrains and weathers for arenas can be a thing, for in-game and competitive.
Primary Dex Speculation:
Alternative Dex Speculation: