- Gardevoir (Has Mega)
- Altaria (Has Mega)
- Diancie (Has Mega)
- Sableye (Has Mega)
Morning Sun Learners:
Solar Power Obtainers:
- Mega Houndoom(is Mega)
- Charizard (Has Megas)
Sun Stone Pokémon:
Moon Stone Pokémon:
- This generation will last three years, with one Generation starter, a set of DP remakes, and GSC VC release.
- EV/IV system will likely be overhauled. This might mean that there won't be a Super Training mechanism, if EVs are abolished.
- A lot of items will be abolished. Sugimori has stated that he wishes to return to simplicity of the original games, and there is a lot of redundant items such as Pokéblock berries, type exclusive held items, bunch of key items etc.
- Because this is an odd generation, there will likely be 100+ new Pokémon. Recent tide of more conservative distributions like Generation VI's 72 new Pokémon is unlikely to change this, as not only that was not well-received, but also historically odd generations introduce far more new Pokémon than just 100, so 100 itself is a conservative estimate.
- Because this is an odd generation, there will likely not be any Megas that are disguised standard cross-generational evolutions, such as Mega Sableye, Mega Altaria, Mega Mawile, Mega Absol et. al.
Mega Evolution Speculation:
For Sun &Moon:
- Mega Butterfree(since Mega Beedrill has its own Mega now).
- Mega Machamp(recently gained public attention and updated stats)
- Mega Vileplume(updated stats and S&M aesthetic)
- Mega Nidoking(updated stats and Moon Stone)
- Mega Nidoqueen(updated stats and Moon Stone)
- Mega Typhlosion
- Mega Meganium
- Mega Feraligatr(VC Gold and Silver release)
- Mega Bellossom(updated stats and Sun Stone. Also Hawaii)
- Mega Slowking(counterpart to Slowbro)
- Mega Lunatone
- Mega Solrock(well, duh)
- Mega Delcatty(former version counterpart of Lopunny, and Moon Stone)
- Mega Flygon(was intended ORAS, but didn't make it)
- Mega Milotic(counterpart to Mega Gyarados)
- Mega Roserade(Updated stats, and is three stage)
- Mega Leavanny
- Mega Scolipede(Updated stats and is three stage)
- Mega Aurorus
- Mega Tyrantrum(Fossil Pokémon, and S&M aesthetic)
For D&P remakes:
- Mega Clefable(Spaaace.... and Moon Stone)
- Mega Azumarill(updated stats and unique typing)
- Ideally, it would be have been Mega Beautifly/Dustox, but Dustox's stats have not been updated in Gen VI, so I doubt it.
- Mega Starters(duh)
- Mega Luxray(counterpart to Ampharos/Manectric)
- Mega Froslass(counterpart to Glalie)
- Mega Weavile or Mega Honchkrow(main Pokémon of Cyrus)
- Mega Hippowdon or Mega Rhyperior(main Pokémon of Bertha)
- Mega Infernape or Mega Magmortar(main Pokémon of Flint)
- Mega Bronzong or Mega Gallade(main Pokémon of Lucian)
- Mega Drapion(main Pokémon of Aaron)
- New forms for Lugia and Ho-oh with new signature moves, as they are currently very poor.
- New forms for Creation trio, for the same reason above. Possibly a Fusion between Palkia and Dialga.